INDIVIDUAL INVESTOR PROGRAMME (IIP)The Individual Investor Programme of the Republic of Malta (IIP), by virtue of Legal Notice 47 of 2014, allows for the granting of citizenship by a certificate of naturalization to individuals and their families who contribute to the economic and social development of Malta. Subject to a stringent vetting and diligence process, including thorough background checks, the applicants and their dependants are granted citizenship in exchange for such contribution.
The key objectives for obtaining Maltese citizenship and the benefits gained will vary between individuals, but may include:
· Visa free travel to more than 160 countries in the world.
· Possible tax planning benefits
· Dependence on more than one passport
· Personal security
· Looking for a stable political system
· Good quality of life
· Better education for children
The minimum contribution levels that must be met in the initial phase of the program have been set as follows: